On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed an emerging turf war between social media’s 800-pound gorilla Facebook and its latest shiny new thing Snapchat. Ironically at the very moment when Facebook is looking to make their Messenger app even more like Snapchat. Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- Here’s the story about how Twitter and Facebook want publishers and brands to stop promoting their Snapchat accounts (Digiday).
- But is Facebook trying to be more like Snapchat? Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS (Macworld).
- Remember, early registration is now open for Social Brand Forum 2016 featuring Jay Baer, Joe Pulizzi, and Gini Dietrich. Register now and save!
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!