First of all — welcome! Thank you for taking a moment and stopping by. I call my approach ‘brand-driven’ as I examine marketing communications, business, and life through the lens of brands. We live in a brand-driven world. In fact, brands could be the one constant in the rapidly changing landscape of how we communicate ideas and consume culture and media.
Primarily, I offer brand-driven insights on the practice of branding, social media, and blogging. New posts appear Monday and Thursday mornings at 9:00 AM Central.
If you’re looking for the most popular posts as configured by an algorithm, look no further than the sidebar to your right. However, to give you a better idea on my overall content and tone, I’ve put together a list of my favorite posts — Nick’s Picks. These are the entries that I feel best exemplify the conversations I hope to have here with you. If you like what you see, make sure you don’t miss a single new post by signing up for email delivery or subscribing via RSS.
- How to Build a Brand Blueprint
- A Branding Story from Winnie the Pooh
- The 6 Traits of a Brand-Driven Community
- Do You Have Underutilized Brand Touchpoints?
- Tips for Developing a Brand Name
- More ‘Branding’ Posts >>
- With Social Media, Everyone’s a Marketer
- 3 Types of Fuel for Your Social Media Campfire
- When to Link Your Facebook Page to Twitter
- Google+ Brand Pages: What You Need to Know
- How to Create a Social Media Participation Schedule
- Why Instagram Matters for Brands
- Should Your Business Be on Pinterest?
- More ‘Social Media’ Posts >>
- How I Blogged Every Week for a Year
- Using Personas to Define Who I Blog For
- 6 Secrets of Brand-Driven Blogging
- Content Snacks for the Weekend
- The New Old-Fashioned Blog Headline Formula
- How to Keep from Quitting Your Blog
- More ‘Blogging’ Posts >>
Interviews & Book Reviews
I also do a lot of interviews and book reviews. Sometimes I’m sent books on branding and social media, while some are simply titles I think you might like. If you have a book you’d like me to review or an idea for an interview, please contact me.
More About Me
If you’d like more information about me written in the third person, check out my About page. I also have a page about my work as a professional speaker. And, of course, you can get in touch with me on my Contact page.
Thanks for stopping by! I can’t wait to learn more about you.