We are here to help you build a better brand online through social media and digital marketing. We want to do this in a way that’s best for your business. That’s why we offer a mix of strategic consulting, coaching, and creative services, speaking and training, as well as our live learning events, the Social Brand Forum and our Brand Driven Boot Camp workshops.
How can we help you? Contact us to set up a discovery session.
Meet Our Team
Nick Westergaard, Chief Brand Strategist/Founder
Nick Westergaard is a brand-driven strategist, speaker, and writer. He is the founder of Brand Driven Digital, the social media and digital marketing unit of Westergaard LLC, where he is Vice President and a second-generation principle. His work with clients large and small helps businesses build strong brands and activate them across digital touch points including social media.
Since 2005 Nick has blogged about marketing, posting fresh brand-driven insights each week. He has written for MarketingProfs, 12 Most, and The Gazette’s Business 380, where he is a monthly columnist. His thoughts on social media and marketing have been featured in news sources such as US News & World Report, Entrepreneur magazine, Mashable, American Express OPEN Forum, and The Des Moines Register. He’s also the author of the eBooks Google+ 101 and Instagram for Brands and co-host of The Work Talk Show podcast.
Nick is a sought-after speaker on branding and social media at conferences and workshops across the country. He also teaches social media marketing at the University of Iowa, where he sits on the Professional Advisory Board for the School of Journalism and Mass Communication and the Advisory Council of the Marketing Institute at the Tippie College of Business.
Nick lives in Coralville, Iowa, with his wife, five kids, and dog.
Macy Koch, Director of Social Strategy
Macy Koch is the Director of Social Strategy at Brand Driven Digital. As a marketing strategist, Macy can spot opportunities to strengthen brands and businesses alike. She’s been called “the bees-knees” by Foursquare founder, Dennis Crowley, and has access at any time to over 20 business social accounts. Macy has spoken at conferences and on panels with content regarding branding, social media, and marketing, and has worked with small and large businesses, as well as startups and non-profits.
Macy is deeply immersed in the startup culture in the midwest, having helped found RecBob, and continues to contribute to the regional startup and tech focused publication, Silicon Prairie News.
Macy lives in Iowa’s Creative Corridor with fellow marketer, Reid Travis, and dog, Huxley. When not working or jotting down her “next big idea,” Macy can be found walking on a trail, painting on canvas, or tasting the newest craft brew.
Cate Dicharry, Agency Services Manager
Cate functions as our agency’s control tower — managing and scheduling projects through all stages of production while ensuring quality control and timely delivery of our creative work. Her areas of expertise include project management and workflow development. She is also the logistical coordinator behind our live learning events.
Prior to joining the team, Cate worked for the University of Iowa for four years in the Business Manager’s Office and in the School of Art and Art History. She also served as an English Instructor at Dalian Nationalities University in China. Cate is a graduate of Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon with a major in Political Science, and is completing her MFA in Creative Writing from the University of California, Riverside.
Cate lives in Coralville, Iowa with her husband, Bradley, and their two small dachshunds, Lola and Frida.
Sarah Moy, Search and Analytics Coordinator
As Search and Analytics Coordinator, Sarah works with our clients on paid search and social advertising, developing strategies, managing budgets, and aligning them within clients’ brand strategies. She also develops and provides clients with regular reporting and scorecards.
Sarah graduated with Honors from the University of Iowa with degrees in Marketing and Biology, and a minor in Studio Arts. Prior to graduation she worked as a research assistant in the University of Iowa Department of Marketing and was a dedicated student member of the Marketing Institute. She has studied abroad in both Spain and China.
Sarah currently lives in Gurnee, Illinois, a northern suburb of Chicago.
- Write for Us — Would you like to be a contributor to Brand Driven Digital? Check out our submission guidelines.
- Don’t Miss a Post — Remember, for the latest brand-driven insights remember to sign-up for email delivery or subscribe via RSS.
- Sign Up for Our “3 Things Email” — This bi-weekly email gives you a snapshot of the three most important news stories from trusted industry sources. Sign up now.
- Sponsorship Opportunities — To learn more about sponsoring this blog or our event series, please contact us now.
Disclosures and Relationships
- Brand Driven Digital partners with Vernon Research Group to produce Social Scene Midwest, the most comprehensive study of individual and business social media use in the Midwest.
- Brand Driven Digital partners with Waldow Social to produce the weekly podcast, The Work Talk Show co-hosted by Brand Driven Digital’s Nick Westergaard.
- We regularly review books here that you might find useful. Sometimes we’re sent advance copies from the publisher while others are simply of our own choosing. We use Amazon Affiliate links to point to the books reviewed.
- This blog and other websites our firm maintains are hosted on MediaTemple. We’re a member of their affiliate program.
- For our client work, we use Sprout Social and are affiliates there too.
- Nearly all photos of our team members and events on this site were taken by the talented Todd Adamson of Adamson Studios in Iowa City. We’ve been known to rave about Todd and why good photos matter on blogs.
Brand Driven Digital is the social media and digital marketing division of Westergaard, LLC, founded by second-generation principal Nick Westergaard. Based in Coralville, Iowa, Brand Driven Digital helps organizations build better brands online through a mix of strategic consulting, coaching, creative services, speaking and training, as well as live learning events such as the top-rated Social Brand Forum and the Brand Driven Boot Camp series. For more information, please visit: http://www.branddrivendigital.com
Social Brand Forum Logo – Download PNG
Brand Driven Boot Camp Series Logo - Download PNG
Content Marketing Boot Camp Logo - Download PNG
Social Strategy Boot Camp Logo – Download PNG
Nick Westergaard Headshot (3433 × 2452) - Download High-Resolution JPG
The Brand Driven Digital logo is a registered service mark of Westergaard, LLC, an Iowa limited liability company.