On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed a flurry of recent announcements from Instagram. Specifically, the Facebook-owned photo-sharing platform announced that they were opening up their advertising API — a move that could put them ahead of Google and Twitter in display advertising. They also announced closer integration with HootSuite. Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- Instagram just made a major move that will turn it into a huge advertising business (Business Insider).
- Hootsuite Announces Instagram Integration (Social Media Today).
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast. This week we’ll be talking to Scott Monty of Scott Monty Strategies and a speaker at this fall’s Social Brand Forum.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!